About Dr. VISHAL INDLA
Gold Medalist, Topper and Best Outgoing student in the MD Psychiatry exam 2005 from the prestigious Central Govt. Instt. NIMHANS, Bengaluru. Specializes in treating all kinds of psychological disorders, drug addiction, child psychological disorders, Sexual Disorders and Psychiatric Rehabilitation. Received the World Psychiatry young psychiatry fellowship in the year 2007. Authored a book on parenting "Parenting made easy: Smart ways to raise smart kids". Faculty in many national and international psychiatric conferences. Motivational Speaker to many Corporates. Recently gave a TED Talk at TEDX KLU in March , 2017
Received the prestigious World Psychiatric Association Young Psychiatry Fellowship Award for the year 2007 at Melbourne, Australia.
Dr.Vishal Indla receiving the World Psychiatric Association (WPA), Young Psychiatrist Fellowship award for the year 2007 from WPA President Juan Mezzich at Melbourne,Australia.
Dr. Vishal Indla receiving the NIMHANS Silver Jubilee award for the year 2005 , for Academic Excellence in Post Graduation , from the Health minister Dr.Anbumani Ramadoss & ISRO Chairman Dr. Kasturi Rangan
• Gold medalist for being the topper of the MD Psychiatry exam held in August, 2005 at NIMHANS, Bangalore
• Silver Jubilee award recipient from NIMHANS for being the best out going student in psychiatry in the year 2005
Recepient of the prestigious 12th Teachers Academy Awards Young Achievers Club Recognition for the Year 2013 "
• Principal Investigator in many Phase II and Phase III Research trials in Psychiatry, dealing with Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, Major Depressive Disorders, Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Disorders
• Authored an editorial in Indian Journal of Psychiatry titled "Work, Family or Personal Life: Why not all three?" in the year 2010 and ' Is Digital Boom Spelling Cerebral Doom ' in the year 2013.
• Chairman, Task Force on Young Psychiatrists' Forum of Indian Psychiatric Society, for the year 2012-2013
• Associate Editor Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine 2011-13
• Member of the Executive Council of the National Chapter of Indian Association of Private Psychiatry 2011-2013
• Member of the Executive Council of the Andhra Pradesh State Chapter of Indian Psychiatric Society 2011-2013
• Organizing Secretary of the National Mid Term CME of the Indian Psychiatric Society held at Vijayawada in the year 2009
• Faculty in IPSOCON 2011, ANCIPS 2012, AP State CME 2008, IAPP Mumbai 2006, IAPP AP state 2012 at Nellore, SBDI 2012 at Hyderabad, IABP2012 at Goa
• Authored a Review article titled "Alzheimer's Dementia - An update on the Diagnosis and Management " published in the September edition of the Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine
Working as the Chief Psychiatrist at VIMHANS Hospital, Vijayawada currently
His areas of specialization are:
Child / Adolescent psychiatry
Relationship counseling & Psycho-therapy
Research & Professional Experience :
Original Research on "Factors associated with alcohol withdrawal seizures and Delirium Tremens”. Worked as a Senior Resident at NIMHANS between September 2005 and October 2006. Was a part of speciality clinical services like Tobacco Cessation Clinic, Geriatric Clinic.
• Authored an article in the NIMHANS Golden jubilee commemorative volume titled “What will happen to psychiatry at NIMHANS in circa 2055 AD? Through the looking glass”
• Authored a book titled “Good Parents- Good Children” in Telugu in the year 2007
• Part of the team which has made:
o Counselor’s manual for Quitting Tobacco.
o Patient’s Manual for Nicotine Dependent patients.
• First author of a paper titled ““DOES FAMILY HISTORY OF ALCOHOL DEPENDENCE DETERMINE THE SEVERITY OF WITHDRAWAL.” presented at ANCIPS 2006, Mumbai
• Presented a poster titled “Social Correlates of Alcohol Use” which was presented at a Symposium on “Addiction – Aetiologies to Interventions” held in November 2004 at NIMHANS, Bangalore, India.
• First author of a paper titled “Age at Onset of Alcohol Dependence: Does It Have a Bearing on the Severity of Withdrawal?” presented at IPSOCON 2004, Chennai
• Conducted the ANCIPS 2007 National UG Quiz Finals at Chennai in January 2007
• Quiz Master and Co Anchor of the Annual Psychiatry Quiz “Mind Benders” held at NIMHANS in August, 2006.
• Gold medal for being the best out going student by Siddhartha public school, Vijayawada in the year 1994.
• Awarded Gold medal by Srija Awards Foundation, Vijayawada for outstanding achievement in the field of psychiatry (Academics), in the year 2006.
• Conducted a training programme on Tobacco cessation interventions to senior level health managers working in the field of tuberculosis management conducted at Sri Chitra Tirunal Institute For Medical Sciences And Technology November 2005, at Trivandrum, India
• Faculty in the IAPP Mid Term CME 2007, held at Mumbai, on “psychopathology revisited- Sharpening Interview Skills”
• Conducted Workshop on “Diagnosis and management of Anxiety Disorders” at Coimbatore in November, 2006
• Conducted a workshop for Counselors in handling ‘Women Helplines’.
• Regular Columnist in many Telugu weeklies and also a regular and active participant on several channels on television in connection with mental health issues.
MD - Psychiatry, MBBS, DPM, DNB Psychiatry Psychiatrist
MD - Psychiatry, MBBS, DPM, DNB Psychiatry Psychiatrist -15 years