Dr. Bhargav is a board certified expert in Endocrine, Metabolic and Breast Surgeries. He is the first surgeon from Andhra Pradesh State in South India to obtain the ultimate Superspeciality MCh degree in Endocrine Surgery. To achieve this degree, he received a structured training in Endocrine Surgery at Sanjay Gandhi Post-graduate Institute, Lucknow (the first and only central institute running the MCh course since 2004). He has 5 year rigorous State of art training senior residency.
Dr. Bhargav has extensive clinical, operative, scientific and academic experience in diseases of Endocrine Surgery and General Surgery having worked in Government, private, corporate and teaching hospitals over past one decade. He has vast experience in Thyroid, Endocrine, Parathyroid, Breast, Obesity, Metabolic Surgeries etc., He has special expertise and interest in laparoscopic endocrine surgery with very few experts in India and South east Asia in this field
Dr. Bhargav is presently working as the Senior Consultant Chief Surgeon, Director and heading the Department of Endocrine and Metabolic Surgery at Endocare Hospital, Vijayawada in South India, the one of its kind in entire India. He as keen interest in research and published several articles in national and international journals. He continues guiding post-graduates and junior colleagues as visiting lecturer in Medical colleges, CME and academic meets. He also participates in public awareness and patient interaction through media
Awards/ prizes :
- First prize in Surgery Quiz at AP chapter ASI in Nizamabad 2002
- First prize in Surgery Quiz at AP chapter ASI in Hyderabad 2003
- Third prize in Laparoscopy Quiz at International Laparoscopic Surgery Conference at Coimbatore 2002
- International Travellers Grant awarded for paper in Japanese Surgical Society Conference, 2008, Nagasaki, Japan
- Best Senior resident and Outgoing Resident Award for the year 2008 in SGPGI
- International Travellers Grant awarded by International Surgical Society Conference, 2011, Yokohama, Japan
- Abstract on Hashimotos thyroiditis accepted for British Association of Endocrine Surgeons conference at Portiers, France, September, 2011
- International Travel Grant in Japanese surgical society for 2012, Chiba, Japan
- ESE Meeting grant award, ECE-2013, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Silver Jublee Best Alumnus Award from Endocrine Surgery, SGPGI, Lucknow, 2014
MCh degree in Endocrine Surgery.